Friday, July 30, 2010

2010 Brewhouse Preview

I did the race in 2008 and I don't remember the swim at all. I remember the bike because it is two loops and the roads were pretty bad. Very rough roads, potholes, cracks, etc.
I remember the beginning and end of the run because in the beginning you are going up a long low grade hill and if I remember correctly, near the end the grade increases. You run down this hill on the way into the finish. Finally, a finish at the end of downhill. Also, you can see the hill all the way, no curves, no shade, no nothing. You also have to bike up the hill twice.
I think the run is kind of rolling.
In 2008 the day started off sunny, and then went to partly cloudy, and then cloudy, and then it rained after awards. I don't remember it being terribly hot that day.
In 2008 I ended up staying in a hotel in Silver Bay, I think I was an hour from the race site. It was "Tall Ships" weekend in Duluth and all the hotels were booked. This year it is also the weekend of "Tall Ships", but this time I was on the ball and booked a hotel much closer.
2008 Brewhouse Long Course Results
Swim (1408 yards) - 25:39 (1:44/100yards)
T1 - 2:55
Bike (20.6 mi) - 57:27 (21.5MPH)
T2 - 2:39
Run (5mi) - 38:53 (7:47 min/mi)
Total - 2:07:29
Overall - 86/188
AG - 14 of 23
My plan is the same as always, swim hard, bike hard, and take the run as it comes.

No comments: