Saturday, July 24, 2010

Product Review 25 - SLS3 Compression Socks

I reviewed these last year, but I got some new ones this year, so here is a new review

Pros - Fit well and they are comfortable. They feel like they help with recovery, but it is hard to quantify.

Cons - None at the moment
Last year, 2009, I had a pair of SLS3 Compression socks and was injured with a stress fracture so I was not able to test them under appropriate conditions. The socks also did not seem to fit my feet\legs correctly. They seemed to be too tight, to the point where they were hurting my feet and legs. This year I recieved a new pair and I have worn them mainly the day before, the day of, and the day after races. I have also worn them after certain training days, if the day was especially painful or difficult. This pair seems to fit correctly, so there has been no issue wearing them. They are fairly comfortable to wear. They do seem to help with recovery, but it is hard to quantify. I think my legs feel less tired and better rested before and after races. The more I wear them, the more they seem to help. It is hard to quantify something like, "feels better" or "less tired", since so much of that depends on the day, the training, the race, etc. I would, and I am, considering purchasing another pair of compression socks. I am not sure this brand, just because I would like to try another brand for comparison.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I've tried (and own) five pairs. Three are the SLS3's. Only other brand I would recommend are the 2XU's. Either are great.

But there is a con - like any other sock, the heel and/or toe will wear thin and break through eventually. So I actually recommend just getting a calf sleeve now. Same great result, no wear & tear in heel and toe.

Christopher Hawes said...

You are correct about the socks. They have lasted well so far. No heal or toe wear through after about 4 months. I have a pair of 2XU calve guards that I wore a lot when I had a walking cast and some when training last year. I need to wear them during a race this year and during some training this year

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this good read! I'm definitely enjoying a little 'you have a bookmark to check for new stuff to send this is a really nice blog dear i really like it and hope more from you in future from you and suggest you that keep up it dear very useful for us.
Triathlon Shorts