Friday, December 19, 2008

The way things are

The last two weeks have been very busy, mainly with work.  Business is very bad, as it is everywhere.  I have been abnormally busy.  Which makes everything even stranger.  I am not afraid to admit I am frightened, about my job and the future.  The unknown.  I know that I, we, have no control over many things, and I should only worry about those things that I can control. My day to day.  Sometimes it is hard to maintain that focus.  There was a time I had a horrible time focusing on the present.  I have become much, much better at it.  Thankfully.  
Whatever job I have had, whatever task I have been assigned, if people rely on me I do the best job I can.  I have to realize and accept that no matter how hard I work, how many hours I put in, how perfect I try to do things, it might not matter at all.  In the end someone else is making the decisions.  So that begs the question, "Should I keep putting all the effort and time in?".  I think that answer is "Yes", because that is who I am.  

2 comments:

lu said...

Day to day, it's the little things that trip us up, the little things that lift us. It is a stressful time, we're require to do so much that seems inconsequential. I too wonder if it's worth the effort, but we do what need be done.

I hear ya.

Christopher Hawes said...

You are exactly right. Thanks