Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kiefer Performer Swim Goggles - Product ReReview (Originally Product Review 27)

Back in January of this year I received a pair of Kiefer Performer Swim Goggles, from Kiefer, to review.  At the time I wrote up a little something about them.

My original post is here: http://nowiamdoingsomething.blogspot.com/2013/01/product-review-27-kiefer-performer-swim.html
The goggles are here: www.kiefer.com

I have used the pair they gave me for the whole year.  The only thing I did was replace the strap, because I accidentally ran the goggles through the washer and dryer and destroyed the strap.  I used a bungee cord type strap that worked fantastic.
Now that almost a year has gone by I wanted to comment on these goggles.
I used the goggles all year, both racing and training.  Amazingly, I did not lose them.  I have put about 250,000 yards on the goggles this season.
Also, they lasted the whole year without leaking, until about 2 weeks ago.  About two weeks ago they started to leak a bit.  Last week I ordered two more pair of the same goggles. 
These goggles are great for the price, and just in general.  They are 12 bucks a pair, about half the cost of the Speedo Air Seal Tri Mirror I had been wearing previously.  The Speedo goggles would last about as long.
Goggles are a purely personal choice.  Everyone has different size heads, different facial features, etc. that will affect how goggles fit.  Sometimes it takes years to find goggles that work well for a person.  If not years, then lots of money trying different goggles.  Luckily, I kind of fell into these goggles.
So, if you are out looking for goggles, I would recommend giving these a try. 

No comments: