Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 2013 Racing and Training Summary

Below is my usual training comparison for December.  No racing this month.  It was an above average December.
In January I will have to work on ramping it up above 20 hours.  I would like to be above 22 hours, with 8+ hours on the bike.
Today, the last day of December, I shoveled, then spin bike for 75 minutes, and then run on treadmill for 60 minutes.  In that order.  The long workout felt pretty good.  I just wanted to see where I was at, at the end of the year.  The 75 minute bike was a ramp up for 20 minutes, then alternate kind of hard for 5 minutes and then back off for 5 minutes.  I got off the bike and on the treadmill and ran the first mile as hard as I could, 7:45/mile.  Then every mile I alternated between hard and easier, easier no slower than 8:34/mile.  I wanted to run a 10K under 50 minutes, and I was able to go 49:45.  The last 10 minutes was a warm down.  I felt stiff getting off the treadmill.  I am probably going to be feeling it tomorrow.
This December the totals were greater than last two Decembers.  I biked and ran a little less than usual.  This December was a little different than previous Decembers, since we closed on a house and moved into a house.  Even with that I was able to get in some decent workouts.  I kept up my swimming this year, as I had planned to do.  My increased swimming from last year, and keeping up strength workout, made up the difference from previous years.
Off to start 2014.  My next post will compare totals from previous years and then post about my weight, as usual.


December-to-December Comparison




Totals and Averages Since 2007
 







YTD Totals and Since 2007


 

No comments: