Friday, November 5, 2010

October 2010 Workout Summary

October saw a decline in the time spent working out, to no surprise.
After completing my season I backed off a bit, both intentionally and unintentionally. I ended up spending a week in Dresden, Germany for work at the end of the month. That week I only got about an hour in, which is probably a low for the past two years.
I intended to do more cyclecross, but only got in two training races on Tuesday night. These races were tough, exhausting. Maybe, maybe in November I will get one weekend race in, otherwise it will be next fall.
I hope to get my bike at 10+ hours in Nov, Dec, etc and keep the run about 5 hours.  I would like to keep the total for the month about 20+ hours from now on. 
I got about an hour in of strength training for the month of Oct.  I would like to add to that in the winter months.  My strength training consists of doing weights, upper and lower body, on the "machines" at LA Fitness.  Also, doing core work with medicine balls, bosu balls, etc.  I would like to do 20-30 minutes 2 times a week.  Hopefully, I can do the strength work into March or April.  Once it gets close to the race season I will probably devote much less time to strength and focus on the "big three".

October Workout Summary and Comparison to Previous Years








YTD 2010 Totals and Totals Starting in 2007


Totals Since 2007 and Monthly Averages


No comments: