Thursday, March 4, 2010

February Update, Year Update, Update Update

I am kind of stealing this from the Tundra Transition Zone blog, the idea of updating my monthly training stats. I looked at his blog and saw it, liked it, now I am going to use it. Isn't that what blogging is all about? I am also going to try and provide weekly workout updates. See if I can take the time on Sundays to summarize the weeks worth of workouts.

I am going to put data in the blog as an image from Excel. Easier that way for now. Until I learn how to embedded a portion of an Excel spreadsheet in the blog.



Obviously, my run time has gone way down, due to the stress fracture. For not running, my total time for the month is pretty good. This time does not include PT and strength training, which is anywhere from 1-4 hours a month. This is a lot more than previous years. I am doing the PT to get my run mechanics improved, hopefully, and the strength to help the weak leg, improve my core, and substitute for running. Swim volume is way, way, up. Which is expected since I have been swimming morning Masters 3 days a week for almost a year now. Bike could be higher, I was out of town the last 2 weekends in Feb and that is usually when I get a good 1-2 hours each weekend.
Nothing in Feb 2007 because I did not start training in 2007 until March. 2006 I kept no training log, it was my first year.


I traveled for work in January so I missed some swimming, otherwise my YTD 2010 swim would be about 25%-30% higher. The grand totals start in March of 2007 and are updated through Feb. This month, March, I am aquajogging on Monday mornings, per Coach Kris's March training plan, with a little swim mixed in. I don't count the aquajogging as running in my log. So my swim yards and time will go down, but I am getting the time in.
So, that is how things total up at the moment. I feel pretty good, in general. Still wish I could run, run. My run now is more of a jog/walk, but that is all I allowed to do, so that is all I do.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I had to race on very low run mileage last year due to Achilles issues. It can be done. Take it slow and easy to avoid any significant set backs.

I'd love to have the energy to get up for Masters swim in the morning. But I need my beauty sleep!