Sunday, August 30, 2009

First PT (Physical Therapy) last Wednesday - Starting New

I had my first PT appointment last Wednesday to determine what is wrong with me and how to fix it.  Basically, I learned that I am using my quads and lower legs too much.  I am not using my hamstrings, butt, and hips enough.  She determined this from the way I stood, and certain measurements.  I have always known I am tight in my hamstrings.  In the past I have had some hip cramping.  I never put too much thought into it.  I guess I should have.
She started me with 3 exercises, one I can do at my desk or where ever.  That one is basically, keep my feet flat, while sitting, and move them back.  This stretches my hamstrings.
The two others are the 90-90 Hip Lift and the Sidelying Ischial Femorial Ligamentous Stretch.  These I should be doing twice a day.  I am trying to do them twice a day.  When I get images of the exercises I will post them.
On Monday, 8/31, I have my next doctor appointment and I will get more x-rays to see if the damage is gone.  I also have another PT appoint on Wednesday and I will get more exercises.
Today, Sunday, I did the Team Ortho Time Trial.  When I get some pictures I will post about it. My results were less than great.  So, no hurry there. 

No comments: