Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th Product Review - TYR 180 Race Mask



All I have ever worn are traditional two lens goggles for swimming. The TYR 180 Race Mask is the first mask I have ever worn.  I have to say that I like it.  The mask is comfortable and the vision is excellent.  I have never worn goggles that have 180 degrees of vision and it is a totally different experience.  The only issue that I have with this mask is that after about 200 yards there is too much water in it to swim anymore.  I tried to adjust the goggles in multiple different ways but they still leaked.  The leaking is occurring around my cheeks.  Apparently my head is the wrong shape for these goggles, which is a shame because I really like them.  There is a clasping mechanism on each side of the goggles to hold the strap in place.  If you lift the clasps up you can move the strap and when you close the straps it keeps them in place.  The only issue is the strap has ribs in it that help hold it in place when the clasps are closed, but these same ribs make it difficult to adjust the straps when the clasps are open.  I think that I would like to try and find a mask that fits my face better.  I would like to try a mask with this kind of vision in a competitive environment to see what benefits it has over traditional goggles.      

No comments: