Saturday, January 3, 2015

December 2014 Training Summary and Weight Summary

December was all training work.  Nothing exciting.  This was the most total training time I have put in, in a December since December of 2010.  It was not intentional, just happened to work out that way.  Most of my time increase came from putting in some more time in the pool than the previous years.  January will be interesting, since I am going to spend the last two weeks in France for work, and then a week in Italy for vacation.  Like last January, I wanted to ramp up my bike time and intensity, that will be difficult to do.  I think I will have to save that bike ramp up for mid-February.  I can try to run more in January, that will probably be the easiest thing to do while I am in Europe.  Mostly I am going to have to do what I can while I am there.  My time will be consumed by work, unfortunately.

I am going to do year-to-year comparison of my training totals in a different post.  I did get over 100 hours on the bike, over 104 hours, that means that I have averaged over 2 hours a week on the bike.  I have not put in over 100 bike hour since 2011.

I have only registered for two races at this point.  St. Anthony's, as always, last weekend in April, and Gear West Duathlon, as always, near the end of May.  Still thinking about other races.

Comparison of December Training from Year-to-Year





Since 2007 Totals and Averages











YTD 2014 and Totals Since 2007











Since I don't have much to say in terms of training, I thought I would put in my final weight tracking results for the year.  On 12/31/13 I weighed in at 193, on 12/31/14 I weighed in at 183.  My weight, as expected, when up and down throughout the year.  Below are a number of charts.  One chart is each time I weighed myself, since 2007, one chart is my average for the year, standard deviation for the year, range for the year, and minimum and maximum for the year.

I have mentioned previously what I attribute my weight loss to this year, over previous years.  I will mention it again.  My wife made a deliberate effort for us to eat more veggies and chicken, less red meat.  We do a lot of cooking from the Weight Watchers and Skinny Taste cookbook.  Also, a little more portion control.  I am hungry all the time, portion control is difficult.  I have try to do a better job about eating snacks in between meals.  Trying to eat better "fillers" between meals.  Besides eating better, and differently, I think the increase in bike time and intensity, and run intensity, helped with my weight loss.  Of course, a loss of about 10 pounds, on average, helped my speed this year.  It probably helped my endurance, being that I did not have to tote that extra 10 lbs around.  I would like to get under 180, but I think that will take some extra effort I am not ready to commit to.

Weight Tracking Chart










Year-to-Year Average Weight














Year-to-Year Weight Standard Deviation














Year-to-Year Weight Maximum and Minimum














Year-to-Year Weight Range


 

2 comments:

Pablo said...

Hi Chris, I have been reading your posts. They are excellent. Great work aggregating your numbers all these years.
Pablo

Christopher Hawes said...

Sorry for the delay. Thank you very much for the comment.