Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Weight Update

Every year I post my weight update, sometimes twice a year. 
I do watch what my weight is doing, to see if it is trending in any particular way. 
Generally, I watch what I eat.  I try not to eat a lot of crap, which I think I am pretty good at. 
I do like craft beer, good beer, and I am not going to cut that out.  I try to watch how much of it I drink.  I do like to eat, I try to no overeat, but sometimes I do.  With the amount I workout, especially certain days, I get really hungry and it is hard not to eat a lot, and eat whatever I can get my hands on, so I try to have stuff around that is not too bad. 
My weakness is certain breakfast pastries (apple fritters, coffee cake, some doughnuts), but only with coffee in the morning.  I do like meats and pizza.  I will overeat pizza, it is a terrible habit, but I LOVE pizza.  Sometimes when I have a great hamburger or steak, I might overeat also.  I think I am getting better at not overeating.
Over the last two years, my weight has been pretty flat on average.  Over the last two years, it has been up a little over the years prior. 
So far in 2014, my weight has started out a couple pounds lower.  This is probably a combination of my wife starting a new diet, and, of course, me following suite, and working out more intense, and more than last year at this time, and in December.  Just eating less meat, smaller portions, more vegetables is probably helping too.
I have mentioned this before, I will mention it again, I weigh myself in the morning, usually every two weeks, and twice that week, typically.  I weigh myself in the morning, in the nude, after emptying my bladder and/or bowels.  I try to be consistent so that I am not weighing at different times of day under different conditions.
Below are charts showing my trends.  Click on charts to make larger.

Weight Since 2007













Average Weight Since 2007















 

No comments: