Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review of my 2013 Duathlon Results and Past Duathlon Results

Three duathlons this year. Gear West at the beginning and Dousman at the end, and the accidental duathlon in June.  Manitou Sprint Tri turned into a duathlon because of bad weather.  It was probably some of the worst weather I have ever raced in.  The runs felt pretty good, but the bike was horrible.  Battering wind and rain.  Just bad. 
Gear West went ok.  It rained horribly before, and the start was delayed.  My run was slower than previous years, but I am not sure the distance was totally correct.  My GPS had me running a little further than the stated distance.  The course has changed around a little bit the last couple of years.  I did like the course this year.  Bike course was the same as always, and my time was pretty close to years past.  No big breakthrough.  Dousman was a little faster than last year.  I was happy with my race that day.  I would say that my performance this year is pretty average.

Below are my results from this year's races.  Click to enlarge




Below are the charts that compare my year-to-year average duathlon results.  Below the charts is a table of the data.  All pace is in fractions of a minute.  2006-2008, I show improvement in all fronts.  After my injury in 2009, there is a spike in 2010 as I come back from injury.  Basically, last four seasons I am up and down.  I think my times at Manitou Sprint dragged me down on the bike, and my slow runs at GW Du dragged me down on my runs for this year.  For some reason, my T1 average time was much better.  In the end, I was a little slower than my average this year, but around the average.  Again, nothing spectacular, but I did it.
I plan on doing GW Du and Dousman in 2014.  I think I need to do more bike\run and run\bike speed bricks to improve my performance.  GW is always a tough Du.  It is a tough cross country like run course, coupled with a fairly tough bike.  This off season I hope to do more run strength work to prepare for that, and for better running in 2014.

Average First Run Pace Year-to-Year (Lower Pace is Faster\Better)











Average T1 and T2 Times from Year-to-Year










Average Bike Speed from Year-to-Year (Higher is better)












Average Second Run Pace Year-to-Year (Lower Pace is Faster\Better)










Average Overall Pace Year-to-Year (Lower Pace is Faster\Better)











Chart of Averages
 

No comments: