Sunday, October 6, 2013

September 2013 Racing and Training Summary

In September I did one duathlon, Dousman Duathlon, and two Wednesday night Salomon Autumn Trail Series races (http://www.autumntrailseries.com/).  This year they changed the course and lengthened it.  Last year it was a single loop and 3.5 miles, now it is 4.2 miles with two loops.  It is a very hard run, very hard.  Tough hills.  Results for my first two are below. 
9/4 Trail Run - 4.2 miles = 37:00 (8:49/mi)
9/18 Trail Run - 4.2 miles =  36:25 (8:41/mi)
So, in two weeks I was able to drop 35 seconds.  In the first race, I ran the first mile in about 7:30ish, in the second race I ran the first mile in about 8:40ish.  Pacing is the key.
I started strength training in September, only got about an hour in before the end of the month.  I got a little more swimming in this September, when compared to last September.  My run and bike are down.  Last year I did not swim Masters in Oct-Dec.  I just swam on my own, mostly once a week.  This year I am going to swim Masters, but only once or twice a week.  Mostly once a week, until December and then pick it up in January.  I want to do a lot of strength work.  I have been saying that for a number of years, hopefully I can keep it up this year.  I would like to maintain bike and run throughout Oct-Dec.  I want to keep running up, and running hard through October while I am trail running.  In the winter, if I can keep 4+ hours of bike a month, and 4+ hours of run a month, with 4+ hours of swim, and at least a couple of hours of strength, that would be great.
As usual, September comparisons, YTD, and totals and averages since 2007.

Year-to-Year Comparison of Septembers






Totals and Averages Since 2007











YTD Totals and Totals Since 2007
 

No comments: