Saturday, November 3, 2012

October 2012 Racing and Training Summary

My plan is to do less swimming Oct-Dec, but I would like to keep up a decent amount of bike and run.  If not time, then intensity, also I want to add strength.  October has gone pretty much as planned.  I did as much strength work in October as I had done in the previous 9 months.  I mix up my strength when arms and legs, and whenever I do a strength workout I always do core work, because that is where I need it the most.  I have put in a little swimming, which seems like a lot more work since I have basically cut back to once a week for half an hour.  Sometimes that half an hour has seemed really tough.  My run and bike are good, with my run intensity kicked up a bit.  My plan is to take it a little easy this Oct-Dec, and then try to ramp Jan - May of next year better than I did this year.  See if I can do that.

I did something in October that I did not plan on doing, and I am happy I did it.  I did the last two runs, of four total, of the Salomon Autumn Trail Series (http://www.autumntrailseries.com/).  The races are at Hyland Park in Bloomington.  The race starts on the south end of the park, in the Quality Bike Parts parking lot.  The course is a great mix of flats and hills, grass, hard pack dirt, and pavement through the trees of the park.  I am definitely doing this next year, hopefully all four races.  I found out about it through a FB friend's facebook post.  Here are my times for the two 3.54 mile races.  I guess if I set a goal for next year, which I may or may not do, it would be to go under 8 minute miles.

10/3/2012 - 3.54 miles = 30:29 (8:37/mile)
10/17/2012 - 3.54 miles = 30:16 (8:33/mile)


Comparison of Year-to-Year October




Totals and Average since 2007

 





YTD Total and Total Since 2007
 

No comments: