Saturday, October 6, 2012

September 2012 Racing and Training Summary

September was one triathlon, that went badly, and one duathlon, that went well.
I worked out as normal the first two weeks, up to the duathlon, after the dualthon I started to dial it back.  From the middle of September until  January I am going to cut back on working out, especially swimming.  I tried, and I think I succeeded, in focusing more on the run between St. Croix Valley Triathlon and the Dousman Duathlon.
I added something new to my data tracking.  I went back to 2007 and added my strength training time and my "other" time.  Other is elliptical, and water jogging, when I was injured.  I think I do, and have done, enough strength training to include that in my training time.  It took a little while to go back through all my log books and gather my strength data and put that into my spreadsheet.
October through December I am going to take it a little easy, so my time will be down.  I am going to focus some more on running during this time.  In October I am going to do the last two Salomon Trail Runs, and hopefully by the end of the year I can add a 5k or two. 
You can see that this is my lowest September on record.  Should not be too big a deal.  I think I need a break at the end of this year.  I felt myself getting tired, fatigued, and also a little tired of some of my workouts.
I am going to try and add some product reviews by the end of the year, goggles, wetsuit, and shoes.

Year-to-Year Comparison of September (Click to enlarge)








Totals Since 2007 and Monthly Averages










Total Since 2007 andYTD Total

 

No comments: