Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Look at 2012 Goals

I accomplished none of my goals for the year.  Not surprising.  I did not put in the proper training to accomplish the biking and running goals.  I think the goals that I have put in place are well within my ability.  I just did not put in the time and proper intensity, to accomplish the goals.  My fastest open 10K, in 2008, was about 46:30, so under 45 minutes is not unreasonable.   I have gone 23.5MPH in a TT in 2008, so basically my goal is to get back to that shape.  My 2.5 hour goal for Olympic distance is not unresonable.  My best Olympic Distance is 2:31:00, and I have done a number of them at 2:35:00 or less, so I think I can cut a minute plus and go under 2.5 hours.  Again, it is a matter of putting in the correct amount of time and effort.
I think my transition goals need to go.  I think transition goals are kind of dumb.
I need to think about my 2013 goals, and make sure I set goals that fit to the amount of training that I am prepared to do.
Below is my goal table and results



 






Every year I make goals, and post them on a whiteboard so I can see them everyday.  Also, next to the goals, I put reasons for my goals.  The reasons remain, basically, the same from year-to-year.
Here are the reasons this year:
Sunrises, being able to see sunrises
Feeling of accomplishment
Challenging myself
Health (physical and mental)

No comments: