Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 2012 Triathlon Training and Racing Summary

This July I had two triathlons and a TT.  Both triathlons were longish sprint triathlons.  I am happy with the swim and bike for both races, the run I am a little disappointed with.  I have mentioned this in past posts.  I think that I am going to have to live with the fact that this is going to be a slow run year, for reasons I have mentioned previously.  I just did not put in enough time early in the year, and I have not done enough speed work.  I think a good thing to start with this fall and winter will be to do some strength training.  I think, I know, I need to build strength in my core and back, along with legs.  I need to start running longer in the winter into spring, with speed work starting in the spring.  I think thought I could start later this year and be ok.  Turns out, I was wrong.

OptumHealth Performance, OHP, is closing at the end of August.  I have worked there part time since the day they opened.  I have swam in the pool before it was OHP, worked out in the studio since it started, and I have competed in the races they have sponsored.  I am a little sad that they are closing the facility.  It was a good place to workout.  They are trying to work out something to keep Masters swim going.  I hope they do, it is close to work and at a pretty good time of day.  If they don't keep it going, I will have to find a new place to swim, and a new place to workout.

The workouts this July are about average, a little low on the bike, ok run, and ok swim.  Not sure what else to say about July.  It was hot.  I had some ok races, some ok workouts.  I can't think of much to say today.

One TNT this month, on the July 31.  11 miles = 29:30 = 22.38MPH, this is slightly faster than my average for this year.  Still not 23MPH.  One more TNT left in the middle of August.

I am reading an article on sports drinks, Gatorade, Powerade, etc in a British medical journal.  Once I finish it, I might link to it with some thoughts.  See what I can get done. 

July-to-July Comparison




Totals and Averages Since 2007

YTD and Totals Since 2007

No comments: