Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chicago Auto Show 2009 and Madison and other







Last weekend I went to Madison to see the Badger-Buckeye game with about 8 friends from school.  We used to get together a lot while we were in school, and then while some of us were in school and some of us were out of school.  Since we have all been out of school, some of us with wives, some of with wives and kids, some of us moved away from the midwest, we don't get together as often.  So it was a good weekend.  Maybe a little too much drinking, maybe too little sleep, and maybe too much eating bad food, but hey, what is life without weekends like that once and awhile?
The Badgers won and we got to watch the game from a luxury box.  One of my friends is a lawyer and the law firm he works for has a box, so we got the all you can eat food and drink, the executive experience.  It is nice to be spoiled once and awhile.
The game was on Saturday, and on Sunday I drove to Kenosha for a little family get together and on Monday my dad and I went to the Chicago Auto Show.  I have been to the auto show 5 or so of the last 9 years.  My dad has been there 32-33 of the last 35 years, pretty amazing.  I had a good time with him, it is not often the two of us can spend a day together.  We walked around the show and talked about cars and to a certain extent the state of the industry.   After the show went to a Buffalo Wild Wings.  My dad had never been to one before and he likes spicy food, he seemed to enjoy going there.  It was a really good day with him.
I started my formal training at the beginning of the month.  It is going ok so far.  For some reason things seem strange this year.  I cannot put my finger on it.  Masters swim group has been going well, I think I am on track to have a good swim year.  Not sure about the bike and run.  Hopefully the improved swimming will translate over to the other two.  Shin is still bothering me on and off.  I will probably make a doctor appointment soon to check it out.  First week went well and I got all my workouts in, the last two weeks have been more difficult and I have only been getting in about half the time that I have on the schedule.  It bothers me, I have to learn to let it go.  I let my training schedule be another stress on my life.  The worries about my job are enough.  Speaking of, I think this coming week is going to be difficult.  Maybe more about that later.
At the end of the month I will post my mileage logs.  
I have more to say, but I think I will save it for later in the week.  I am feeling a little tired now, weekend went by very fast, I feel like I missed something.......

1 comment:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

maybe? what's all that maybe crap?