Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July 2015 Racing and Training Summary

This July had more training hours than the last few Julys.  I probably need the extra hours, and effort, going into August where it looks like I will be doing 3, maybe 4, Olympic distance triathlons to finish the season.  The biggest one being the first, USAT AG Nationals, on August 8th.  Last year, AG Nationals was my fastest Olympic distance race, ever.  Hopefully, I have trained, and raced, hard enough that my taper takes and I can again get a PR performance.  If not, I have to remember to enjoy the day and the race.

It looks like my bike is coming around just in time.  Like last year, my bike got faster in mid to late July, for some reason.  The two triathlons I did this month, I averaged almost 22 MPH on a nearly 29 mile course, and almost 23MPH on a 22.5 mile course.
The two TTs this month were about 0.5-0.6 MPH faster than previous fastest TTs this year.  Both of those were after weekend races. 
7/14/15 - 10 miles = 26:47 = 22.85MPH
7/28/15 - 10 miles = 26:57 = 22.71MPH

My run is still hot and cold.  Some training runs feel really good, some ick.  My two races this month were ok.  Nothing special.
 
My swim at Chisago was terrible.  Still bugs me.  My own fault.  Should not have gone out so fast.
Otherwise, my swim has been average this year.  I have put in more swim time this year than last year, but, as I have shown in my past comparisons to training time and race performance, it doesn't mean much. 

Below are the usual tables.  This July is the most time I have put in since July of 2011.  I had above average time for swim, bike, and run.  I did a 3 hour bike ride up to Chisago this month, which really helped boost my time for the bike.  I did the 3 hour bike on my Felt 75X, cycle cross bike, and was surprised at how comfortable the ride was.  It has been a long time since I have been on a bike for more than 2 hours, and I had no real discomfort in my seat or groin area, and very little in shoulder or wrist.  A far cry from spending over an hour on my tri-bike.


Year-to-Year July Comparison



Since 2007 Totals and Averages







YTD Totals and Totals Since 2007
 

No comments: