Friday, June 5, 2015

May 2015 Racing and Training Summary

I did two Tuesday Night Time Trials and the Gear West Duathlon in May.
GW Du went fine, I did a race report on it.
The two Tuesday Night Time Trials were ok.  Nothing fantastic.  Kind of slow starts for the year.  Both were on a different course than previous years.  They changed the course from last year for the first race, slightly longer.  The second race of the year, the course was changed back to the old out and back course, the original course, except slightly shorter.  The course was changed due to construction and the race director is not sure when we will go back to the longer course.  The first night was windy and cool and felt tough.  The second night felt better, but I was no faster.  It was the Tuesday, after the Sunday, that I did the GW Du.  Might have been the reason for my historically slow time (as I write this I have already done my 3rd TT of the year and it was faster than my first two and closer to my historical average) .  Hopefully, my slower times on the TT course are not reflected in my bike times in triathlons.
First two TTs of the year
5/5/2015 - 13.72mi = 39:25 (20.9MPH)
5/19/2015 - 10mi = 29:04 (20.6MPH)

Kind of an average month compared to the last few years.  About the same total time as last year, more than 2013, vacation in Hawaii in 2013, and about the same as 2012.  2011 and back further I had a lot more training time in the month of May.  I did go over 2 million total yards swimming since 2007.  That is something of an accomplishment.  I crossed over 100 total hours, which I think is a slower than last year.

June is two TTs and three triathlons.  Busy.

Below are the usual tables.

Comparison of May from Year-to-Year



Totals and Averages Since 2007







Year-to-Date Totals and Since 2007

 

No comments: