Thursday, May 21, 2015

Product Review 28 - Castelli One-Piece Tri Kit

I am starting my 10th season of multi-sport racing.  My first season was 2006 and I did 5 duathlons, all of them in bicycle shorts and a bike jersey.  Dumb.
In 2007, when I started doing triathlons, I got smarter and went with a two piece tri kit, Sugoi. I used the two piece for a many years.  After that, I tried a Speedo Fastskin for a little while.  Then for a few years, went to a Sugoi one piece kit.  All of these purchased at Gear West.  Last year, Gear West switched to Castelli, and I got one of these to try out.  The Castelli kit is by far the best tri kit I have ever raced in, these are great.
Initially, as you put it on, it feels too tight in the waist.  It turns out that it is ok.  The fit is nearly perfect, at least for me.  Not too tight or too loose.  One of the problems with the Sugoi one piece, I had two of them, was that they would rub on my armpits and occasionally the neck.  The fabric around the arm openings in the Castelli is much flatter, smoother, and doesn't rub or slip.  The padding in the crouch is decent, not too much so it is bulky, not so thin that it does nothing.  The elastic around the leg openings, is thin and wide and fits comfortably.




 

 
 

No comments: