Thursday, August 7, 2014

July 2014 Racing and Training Update

July went well, two triathlons and three time trials.  I had a PR at Heart of the Lakes and my last TT of July was my fastest of the year.  I had a really good swim and bike, and a less than great run, at Graniteman Clearwater. 
Below are my times for the three TTs from July. 

Tuesday Night Time Trial Results for July (13 miles)
7/1 - 35:52 (21.7MPH) - 28 of 36
7/15 - 35:57 (21.7MPH) - 35 of 46
7/29 - 34:20 (22.74MPH) - 34 of 47

I had a pretty good training month.  Wanted to get in a little more bike and run, but I think my intensity was good.  As I have mentioned in the past, I would like to go about 10 hours a month on the bike, currently I have fallen a little under that on average.  This month I did pick up the bike from last month.  June was about 8 hours on the bike, July was just over 9 hours.  Bike was about average for previous Julys, run was a less.  It looks like I will go over 100 hours on the bike for October 2013 - October 2014, this time span I use when comparing training time to my results, in my yearly summary.  I might also go over 100 hours on the bike in 2014.  I wanted to go over a hundred hours for the calendar year and/or the October time frame.  I am making good progress with regards to that "goal".

I weighed myself four times in July.  My weight on 7/16 was 178.5lbs, which is my lowest weight since I started keeping track in November of 2007.  I am guessing it is my lowest weight since college at some point.  I think I was in the mid 170s as a senior in high school.  I had more muscle then.  I still have some flab around the mid section.  I am not sure that will really ever go away.  My average for the year is now about 185, which is about 8 lbs less than my average for last year.

As far as overall workout time, it was one of my lower months, especially, for swimming. 
Swimming has been going pretty well, even though the amount of time I have been spending has been less than previous years.  I think I am making up for it with intensity and quality.

August is a big month, USAT AG Nationals and two other triathlons.  Hopefully, all the work I have done so far pays off.  I think Maple Grove will be the last triathlon of the year, and possibly the last multi-sport race of the year.  In Sept and Oct I will do some trail racing.

Comparison of July from Year-to-Year

 
Totals and Averages Since 2007








YTD Totals and Totals Since 2007


 

No comments: