Thursday, September 12, 2013

August 2013 Racing and Training Summary


August was fairly busy with one TT and four triathlons.  Busy month.   Graniteman Big Lake was one of my fast sprint races ever, but I finished 7th out of 28 in my AG.  While Lake Marion Sprint was not one of my fastest, but I did get 2nd out of 27.  I don't race to place, but it is nice when it happens.  A lot of it is about who shows up that day to race.
It was my slowest time at Maple Grove, even if you factor out the longer swim.  Sometimes that happens.  St. Croix Valley was much better than last year, and that was my main goal, not to "shit the bed" like last year.  I accomplished that goal and had a decent race.
August was a pretty good month.  Big Lake was definitely my best race this year, in terms of how I felt.  I felt really good that day.  It was also perfect weather.
As far as training goes, I spent a little more time than last August, but less than prior years.  I think my intensity was good.  I would have liked to have put in more training time, but I am not sure where I would have done it.
I have Dousman Duathlon coming up this weekend.  After that race report, I plan on summarizing my TT results for the year, my triathlon results, and then my duathlon results.   My training will start to wind down a bit for the year.  I cut back on swimming, I am going to try to do more strength work, maybe some yoga this year, finally. 
I am doing trail races this year.  First one is done, and it was tough.  The course is longer and more difficult than last year.  I have one more in September and two more in October.  I will have to keep up the running intensity through October.  I would like to do some more longer runs Nov - Feb, and keep up biking.

Year-to-Year Comparison of August






Totals and Average Since 2007











YTD and Since 2007
 



No comments: