Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 2013 Racing and Training Summary

This May was a little lower on time, like last May, and for good reason, like last May.  Last May I got married, this May Jackie and I went on our honeymoon\celebrate 1st anniversary \celebrate Jackie graduating\celebrate Jackie passing boards\celebrate Jackie getting a job trip.  We went to Honolulu for 3 days and Kauai for 7 days.  I did not do much training for that 10 day span.  Some running and some time on the elliptical trainer. 
As far as racing goes for the month, I did on 5K, one Tuesday Night Time Trial (TNT), and the Gear West Duathlon.  I was happy with my 5K results (7:08/mi pace) and my first TNT was pretty good.  For the hilly 11 mile course I went 29:53, which comes out to about 22.09MPH.  I will take that as a pretty good start to the year.  I was fairly happy with the GW Du.
I have a lot in June, a 5K, two TNTs, and 3 triathlons.
Since April of 2007 I have swam over 1.5 million yards.  That seems like a lot.  That is an average about 20,000 yards a month.
Below are the usual comparisons of May from year-to-year.  You can see this is the lowest since 2007, and close to last year.  I put in a whopping 30+ hours in 2008 and 2010.

Comparisons of May from Year-to-Year



Totals and Averages Since 2007










YTD Totals and Totals Since 2007








No comments: