Monday, June 24, 2013

2013 Goals - Triathlon, Running, and Biking

I have had these written up for awhile, but I forgot to post them.  I write them on a white board, in the bedroom, with the reasons that I want to do these things that I do.  I have them on the board so that I can see them everyday.  My reasons are pretty similar from year-to-year, and are listed right next to my goals on the board.

2013 Goals
23.5MPH+ Ave Bike Speed for 10+miles
10K off the bike less than 48min
Open 10K in under 46:30
3mi\5K open or off bike less than 21:30min
Olympic Tri in under 2.5 hours

Reasons
Sunrises
Feeling of accomplishment you can only get from racing
The challenge
It is fun!

I had to adjust my 5K/3mi running goal for the year.  Originally, my goal was less than 22:00min, but I did my first 5K in 22:03, so I decide to move it down to 21:30.  I am not sure I will be running an open 10K this year, but I decide to put a goal for it right now.  I think that I am doing a better job with my run intensity than I did last year.
I don't think I did the running last year to meet my goals, so I was not even close to my goals last year. 
At the moment, I am not sure about the bike.  Last year I did not hit this goal, not sure about this year.  I tried some different training earlier in the year, more intensity, not sure I did enough. Hopefully, I have done enough, and the Tuesday Night TTs help me out.
Still trying to bust that elusive 2.5 hour mark at the Olympic Distance.  I think it all comes down to the run for me.  I have been close.  If I can get a solid swim and bike, with a run around my goal time, I can get under 2.5.  I only have a couple chances this year, and they are back-to-back Maple Grove, which has a slightly longer bike and a challenging run, and St. Croix Valley, which has run that is not as bad as Maple Grove, but I would say the bike has more hills.  Last year, St. Croix Valley was my worst race of the year.  I am hoping to make a comeback this year.
  

No comments: