Saturday, March 16, 2013

2013 Race Schedule (Most Likely Schedule)

Below is my 2013 race schedule, also to the righ in the sidebar, most likely race schedule. Already one change, I registered for Lake Minnetonka, but just found out I have a wedding that weekend, so I will miss it. I have registered for Lake Minnetonka 4 times, I have done it twice. Both times family stuff as come up after registration and I missed the race. Oh well, that comes with early registration.
I will be starting the season for the 6th year with St. Anthony's in Florida. I will racing the Gear West Du for the 7th time in 8 years.  I have been there 8 years in a row, in 2009 I was injured and volunteered.  I will be doing Waconia for my 5th time.  I will be doing Maple Grove for the 4th time in four years, each time Oly distance, since it started.  I will be doing the St. Croix Valley Oly for the 4th time.  I did the sprint in 2009, on my bad leg.  If I do Dousman this year, it will be my 8th year in a row.  2009 I did it as a relay, all other years as an individual.  I am not sure if I will do Dousman this year.  I have a family wedding the weekend before down in that part of Wisconsin.  It will be a lot of driving in a 10 day period if I do the race the weekend after the wedding.  I will see how things go. 
I am thinking of adding 3 new races, I am registered for one of them, Graniteman St. Cloud.  I am considering, and will probably do, the other two Graniteman races.  All three races are sprint distance races.
Additionally, I am doing the "Irish for a Day" 8K in St. Paul next weekend, Sun March 24th.  I am doing a Friday evening 5K in May at Valley Fair.  I will probably do some, if not all, of the Salomon Trail Races in September and October.  Also, as usual, I will do as many of the Tuesday Night Time Trials (T'N'T) as possible.  The Tuesday Night Time Trials are one of the best, if not the best, bike workouts of the year.  The races are every other Tuesday starting in May and go into August.  I highly recommend doing these races.
An "R" means I am already registered. I have a "normal" schedule for this season, 12-13 races.

4/28/2013 - St. Anthony's Triathlon (St. Petersburg, FL)R
5/19/2013 - Gear West Duathlon (Orono, MN)R
6/9/2013 - Manitou Sprint Triathlon (White Bear Lake, MN)R
6/15/2013 - Lake Minnetonka Triathlon (Minnetonka, MN)R
6/23/2013 - Graniteman Triathlon (Saint Cloud, MN)R
6/30/2013 - Lake Waconia Triathlon (Waconia, MN)R
7/13/2013 - Graniteman Clearwater (Clearwater, MN)
7/21/2013 - Heart of the Lakes Triathlon (Annandale, MN)R
7/28/2013 - Chisago Lakes Sprint Triathlon (Chisago Lakes, MN)R
8/2/2013 - Graniteman Big Lake (Big Lake, MN)
8/24/2013 - Maple Grove Olympic Triathlon (Maple Grove, MN)
8/31/2013 - St. Croix Valley Olympic Triathlon (Hudson, WI)
9/15/2013 - Dousman Duathlon (Dousman, WI)

No comments: