Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weight

I try not to get to hung up on my weight.  I do weigh myself a few times a month, just to get an idea of were I am at.  It is another easy piece of information to keep about myself. 
I do like to keep my weight around 190lbs, I would like it to be about 180, but I am not going to change my diet dramatically to get there.  I like to eat good food, and drink good beer, and I don't really want to give those things up.  I know that some times I need to do a better job of moderation.  That is probably my biggest issue.  That is the issue with most people.  Eating too much, eating crap, and/or eating too much crap.  I do not eat a lot, or much, crap, but I do tend to eat too much at times. 
I base my weight more on look and feel.  I can gain muscle, lose fast, and gain some weight. I could also lose muscle, gain fat, and lose weight.  I kind of know how I should look and be comfortable. 
I am not going to preach about diet.  What to eat, what not to eat.  There are enough people out there doing that.  I think that most people know that the best thing to do is eat healthy, watch portions, and exercise.  The problem most people have is doing what they know they should do.
I know my weight fluctuates with the season, more in the winter, less in the summer.  It is part of life, especially if you are an athletes who race in summer\spring and takes an "off-season".
Below is the chart that tracks my weight since I started in 2007.   Below that is the chart with my average weight for each year, and below that is the table that shows average weight for the year and standard deviation.  Eventhough, I was a little heavier this year than the past years, I was more consistent this year than last year.
I weigh myself the same way each time, in the morning, after urinating, in the nude.
For reference in 2005, before I started racing, I was probably 220+, and in 2006 I was probably 210+.  In high school, 20 years ago, I was about 175.































No comments: