Sunday, March 4, 2012

2012 February Training Summary

February was a bike focus month, my goal was to put in over 10 hours and I accomplished that goal.  This was my second, barely, most bike time in a February over the course of my training history.
I feel that I put in a good mix of intensity and time.  Most of my workouts consist of CompuTrainer rides on Monday night and spin workouts on Wednesday night, with a little extra riding thrown in on my own.

January and February combined for a lot of swim yardage, 57000 yards.  That seems like a lot of yards for me for the first two months of the year.
In Feb I did two 1000 yard swim TTs.  One with wetsuit and one without wetsuit. 
Without wetsuit = 15:29
With wetsuit = 13:58
It is always good to confirm swimming with a wetsuit improves your time.

I am going to cut back on the swim and take the time not swimming and invest it in biking and running.  I think I need to put in more bike and run.  I think my swim base is pretty good since I basically swim year round.  The bike and run go up and down throughout the year, and this is the time of year that I need to invest time in both of those pieces.  My first race is in FL, April 29, and typically my run is not that great.  I would like to have a better run this year.
I don't like that fact that my time running went from 6.5 hours (Jan run focus month) to barely 2 hours in Feb.  I don't like the fact that I dropped that much run time from one month to the next.  Especially since March is a run focus and I basically have to ramp up over the course of the month.  I still worry about injury and fatigue when it comes to running, so I tend to take it slow.

In Feb I did my first indoor tri, unofficially, and I felt it went pretty good.  I wrote about it a couple of posts ago.  The next indoor tri at OHP is March 18th, I will not being doing that one, it is the same day as the St. Patrick's Day 8K in Saint Paul.  There is another indoor tri in April, April 15th, I will be doing that indoor tri as a tune up for St. Anthony's.

Comparison of February Training



Since 2007 and Monthly Averages





YTD Total and Totals Since 2007

No comments: