Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012 January Training Summary - More Run than Bike for First Time in 3+ Years

Below are the totals for January of 2012 compared to past Januarys.  I also put in about 25 minutes on the elliptical that is not included in the times below.  This January had the most swimming of any January and almost the most running.  The last time I ran more than I biked was in Novemeber 2008, before my stress fracture.  Biking was down, but I wanted to focus on running, which I did, in January.  Feb will be a bike focus month and I hope to get in 10+ hours of biking.






Below you can see how I ramped up in January compared to the previous 3 months.  I went from averaging 16 hours each of those three months to 22+ hours in January.  Most of that came from upping my swim and run.  I felt tired in January, which is to be expected in when you are ramping up.  There was nothing I would call a "breakthrough" in January.  I did run for over an hour, 70 minutes, in one training session. It has been awhile since I have run that long.  I also had a couple of runs longer than 40 minutes.

Below are my totals and averages since 2007 and below that are my totals for this year, 2012, and since 2007.  In terms of total time, January 2012 was an average month.

Totals and Averages Since 2007


YTD Totals and Totals Since 2007




No comments: