Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 Training and Racing Totals and Comparison to Previous Years

Below is a comparison of my training, racing time included, data from year to year starting in 2007.




My swim time/yardage was down from previous two years, but most of that decrease is in the later half of the year.  From 2010 to 2011 my average swim time, in races, basically stayed the same at the Olympic and Sprint Distance.
My bike training time was the highest of any year, without doing any half-IMs.  My average bike speed in Olympic, Sprint, and Duathlons was basically the same from 2010 to 2011
My run time has been increasing since my injury in 2009.  I would be surprised if I ever run as much as I did in 2008.  My run time, not surprisingly, improved from 2010 to 2011. 
I think there always needs to be a balance between intensity and duration.  I think that in 2012 I need to pickup some of my training intensity to show improvement in speed.  In 2012 I plan on racing less and continuing to race shorter (Sprint and Olympic), hopefully this will allow me to improve my speed.

Below is month-to-month, including 2010 off-season

The biggest months, are April and May, to be expected as we build volume before the race season, and July and August, the months where I did the most races.




No comments: