Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gear West Indoor TT Results (Jan) on Tacx Virtual Trainer

Some Thursdays (1/21) ago I did the indoor TT at Gear West on the Tacx Virtual Trainer. During the month of Dec, Jan, and Feb Gear West has a different TT course on the virtual trainer. You go in and do the course and at the end of the month they post all the times to their blog.
The course for the month of Jan is a 2.5 mile section of the Alp D' Huez.
2.5 miles doesn't sound like far, but when the average grade is 8% with a maximum of 12%, and that maximum occurs more than once, it is a sufferfest. The only flat portion is the first 0.4mi, the rest is all uphill.
It took me just under 19 minutes to complete the painful journey, I averaged just under 8 mph, and I averaged about 257 watts. That puts my power-to-weight ratio at 2.9 watts/kg.

The Tacx Virtual Trainer is pretty cool and if I had about 1600 bucks to drop on trainer I would definitely do it. www.tacxvr.com
Tomorrow, Tuesday (2/9), I will be doing the 8 mile Tour of Flanders TT. See how that goes.

No comments: