Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010 Triathlon Goals, Racing Goals, Training Goals, Hopes, Etc

Here is what i am going to try and do in 2010
  • Complete 7 of 10 Midwest Events Series Races
  • Triathlon T1 Average <1:50
  • Triathlon T2 and Duathlon Average <1:05
  • 10+ mile bike at >24.5MPH
  • Break Top Ten in my age Group (35-39)
  • 10k <44min
  • Do some cyclecross races
  • Three Half Ironman Races (Pigman, Racine 70.3, and another)

Alot of this is going to depend on my how my leg heals and if I can get up to speed.
I just did ~2 miles on a treadmill, in about 30 minutes. First time doing that in a long while.

7 comments:

Jen (emsun.org) said...

I am totally terrified. I am sending in my registration for the (sprint) pigman triathlon. I've never done a race before. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and maybe gaining some insights!

Christopher Hawes said...

No reason to be terrified. It will be fun. It is a good first race, I have done it before. Hopefully I can give you some insight. I will check out your blog also.

Unknown said...

Go for it Chris! It all starts with goals and you are on your way. I look forward to reading how you do!
Best wishes,
Rachel Sears Casanta

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mateson said...

so, your goal is greater than 24.5 for 10 plus which i could not do. but back when i thought triathlon was a good idea and i had just gotten a road bike and before i put it away until last summer - I had done the bike leg of my third sprint tri at a 22.1 mph pace without aerobars - most people thought that was pretty fast. maybe i'll race. i'm out of shape and chicken. :)

Christopher Hawes said...

22MPH is pretty fast, considering the bike and the number of races you have done. You should get back on the bike and stop being chicken

Ms. R said...

Hey! This is Rachel from the Test Team and I stumbled upon your blog. Awesome goals Christopher! I'll see you at Apple, Timberman, Racine and Pigman 1/2 Iron. My husband is racing Racine so I'll be assuming sherpa duties! Can't wait and I hope your stress fracture heals soon.