Friday, September 4, 2009

8th, 9th, 10th - Some Clif Nutritional Products







Clif Builder – Have not been a big fan of many of the bars out there and I have trouble stomaching chocolate at times. That being said, these bars, with their outer chocolate coating, are pretty good. These bars are not too sweet or too heavy. I have eaten them before doing a TT and they sat just fine, no GI issues with them. I don’t think I would buy them, mainly because I am not a fan of chocolate.



Clif Shot Bloks (Lemon-Lime) – I like Clif Shot Bloks. That being said, I would not eat them as a snack, but I do use them in races and training for nutrition. They stomach well with me and are easy to consume when biking and/or running. I need to drink a bit of water before and after to get them down, and they tend to stick in my teeth, but once they are down, they stay down. I have tried different flavors; in this case I was given Lemon-Lime, which I like. The red flavors are pretty good, Strawberry, Cherry, Fruit Punch. I didn’t care for Margareta. The new package is much better than the old one. The new package lines them all up, which makes them easier to squeeze out and eat. The old package was just a bag and it was difficult to get them out at times.

Clif Shot Electrolyte (Lemonade) – This I like and I have purchased a large can of the powder for myself. I have used it in training and during a race and so far I like it. I am trying to get away from sports drinks with high fructose corn syrup because they are too sweet and hard to take down during a race or workout, even though I have been doing it for years. The Lemonade flavor tastes good and goes down pretty easy. The taste is not too sweet and the consistency is not too thick.

No comments: