Saturday, April 11, 2009

Update of March


It has been longer than I wanted since the last update.
I have been pretty busy with training, working, and started dating someone.  She is very nice, sweet, and smart.  We have been going out for about a month, maybe more.  She has a great family and I am looking forward to spending more time with her.
I ran an 8k in March, in record time for me - 36:40 
Off to the right is my up-to-date training log.  Things are going pretty well.  I am swimming a lot, which is a good thing.  See how it converts into race results very soon.  Two weeks until St. Anthony's and then non-stop racing.
I was asked by Gear West, the bike and tri shop I do all my shopping at, to be part of their test team.  The team will get items to test, clothing, nutrition, googles, wheels, etc.  Our obligation will be to test the items and write up reviews of the items that will go on the Gear West website and to the manufacture.  The owner of Gear West said that the manufacturers are very excited for us to do the testing.  The team consists of 14 people, 7 men and 7 women, that are variety of skill levels, shapes, and sizes.  We are also getting some cool Gear West stuff for being on the team.  So far I have gotten cycling bibs and jersey, very nice.  Also get a tech t-shirt, tri kit, and TYR warm-up.  Have to wait for those because they are getting Gear West Test Team printed on them.  It should be a very cool experience and I am looking forward to getting started.
I hope to come back to writing on here more.  When the season starts I hope I can return to weekly updates.  

1 comment:

lu said...

Good luck with the races!
It's hard to balance all of it, sounds like you are doing a fine job of it.