Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Racing and Training Summary, with Weight Update

My training time for this month is a little lower than I would have liked.  I do think I got the intensity in that I am looking, especially with the completion of two triathlons, a duathlon, and three TTs. 

The three TTs went ok.  One of them was my fastest so far this year, the other two were pretty similar.  I would really like the one that is the fastest so far this year, to not be my fastest of the year.  It would be nice to get over 22.5MPH this year.
6/2/15 - 10 miles = 27:32 (22.2 MPH)
6/16/15 - 10 miles = 28:08 (21.8 MPH)
6/30/15 - 10 miles = 27:57 (21.9 MPH)
Average of first 5 races = 21.48MPH


I was pretty happy with the results from the two triathlons (Buffalo Oly and Lake Waconia.  Lake Waconia race report coming soon) and the one duathlon (Lake Minnetonka). 

I am not sure why I was down from my training averages this month.  Maybe I am taking more rest after, and before, races.  I am getting older, I do need a little more recovery, especially when racing more.  I do need to get some good workouts in July, in preparation for AG Nationals on August 8th.  At the moment, I have one Olympic Distance tri (Graniteman Clearwater), and I may sign up for Chisago (Toughman) Sprint.  I also have two TTs in July.

Below my usual training and race data tables, I have my weight data.  I usual put out something with my weight at the end of the year and in June, basically every 6 months.

Year-to- Year June Comparison




Since 2007 Totals and Averages







YTD Totals and Since 2007











Weight Graph










Last year I had a pretty significant drop in my weight.  My average in 2013 was about 194, and my average in 2014 was 184.  So, I dropped about 10 pounds.  This year, so far I have averaged about 185.5ish, with my weight going up and down a lot more than last year.  Not sure why.  I think I am eating about the same, I don't think I am eating much more or worse.  I am working out a little less, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.  In July, I am going to try to be a little more aware of what I am eating and try to watch it.  I would like to go down a few pounds before AG Nationals.  I can use all the help I can get. 

No comments: