Wednesday, September 17, 2014

August 2014 Racing and Training Summary

August was probably one of the best\fastest months I have ever had in triathlon.  I did two Olympic distance races and one sprint.  The two Olympic races (USAT AG Nationals and Maple Grove) were my fastest Olympic distance races, ever, and the sprint I did (Lake Marion) was not one of my fastest, but I dropped my time from last year on the same course.  

August was also the last Tuesday Night Time Trial of the year.  I will have a separate post for an "analysis" of my TT results from this year, with comparisons to last year.
Also, I will do a separate posts of my triathlon results, and duathlon results, from this year and previous years.

I am done with triathlons for the year.  I am going to do one duathlon.  As always, for the 9th year in a row, 8th as an individual, I am going to do the Dousman Duathlon.  The race is late this year, Oct 4.  Usually it is middle of September.  I am trying to continue to train at a level that will allow me to race at a high level.  See how September goes. 

Also, I am doing the Salomon Autumn Trail Running Series this year.  I did all 4 races last year, and 2 the previous year.

As far as August goes, my bike and run were about the same as the last two years, but down from years prior.  Swim was down from previous years.  I would argue, as I have previously, that my intensity is up, and I am getting a little more recovery, which I think is helping me race faster.

I am very, very happy with how things went in August, and I am beyond happy with how my whole triathlon season has gone this year.  I am kind of sad to see it come to an end.



Year-to-Year August Comparison







Totals and Averages Since 2007













Year-to-Date Totals and Total Since 2007

 

No comments: