Friday, July 18, 2014

June 2014 Racing and Training Report, Weight Update

Running a bit behind, should have had this out about two weeks ago.  Busy, busy, busy

I did four triathlons, two in one weekend, and two TTs.

It was a good month for races.  I did a difficult Olympic course and had one of my fastest times at that distance.  I PR'd both Minnetonka and Manitou sprint, back-to-back on the same weekend.  I had my best time at Waconia in the last couple of years.  I would call that a good month

Tuesday Night Time trials continues to be a good hard workout.  I have not cracked the 22MPH barrier since the second one of the year.  The more I ride this new course, the more I realize how hard it is compared to the previous course.
TNT 6/3 - 13mi = 35:35 (21.92MPH)
TNT 6/17 - 13mi = 36:10 (21.7MPH)

My total time this June is about the same as previous two Junes, which puts it down a little from Junes before that, except June of 2009.  I have kept my intensity up, especially with the bike and swim, which I think has helped a lot.  3 of the 4 races had very fast runs, for me, and very good swims.  Bike has been good also, even though I am putting in less time than I want to.  I am still averaging 10 hours a month, but I have started to fall off a little.  First three months of the year, way above 10 hours, next two were a little under 10 hours, this month under 8 hours.  I want to pick up July a bit in preparation for AG Nationals.

Weight Update: I hit a new all time low.  Looks like the diet and exercise are working well.
My average weight for November and December of 2007 was 204.7 lbs.  My average weight for 2013 was 194.  On January 3rd of 2014 my weight was 194.5.  My weight on June 30th was 180.5.  My average weight for the year is 185.2 lbs.  Looking good.

All in all it was a fantastic June.  Looking forward to July and August.

Year-to-Year Comparison of June








Totals and Averages Since 2007







Year-to-Date and Since 2007 Totals
 

No comments: