Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 2014 Racing and Training Report

I am getting this out a little late...
End of April was my first triathlon of the year, St. Anthony's, as always.  Already posted a race report for that.  Had about a week of vacation, where I ran easy twice and hard once before the race. I think the vacation week helped me.  Otherwise, I biked, ran, and swam as much as I could.  Tried to keep that balance between hard workouts and getting some rest.  I think I did a pretty good job.
Here is a comparison of my Jan-April bike time and total training time since 2007:

Jan - April Accumulated Bike Time and Total Training Time
2007 - Bike = 4.5 hours \ Total = 25.1 hours
2008 - Bike = 29.4 hours \ Total = 91.1 hours
2009 - Bike = 43.1 hours \ Total = 105.6 hours
2010 - Bike = 38.3 hours \ Total = 99.8 hours
2011 - Bike = 46.3 hours \ Total = 102.6 hours
2012 - Bike = 33.4 hours \ Total = 91.1 hours
2013 - Bike = 36.6 hours \ Total = 94.4 hours
2014 - Bike = 43.1 hours \ Total = 99.6 hours

So, I wanted to average 10 hours a month starting in January through the season.  I am sticking to that.  Not the most hours ever, but I didn't bike the last week of April, and it is the second most bike hours in the 4 month span, after being low the last two years.  I have brought my total training time back up.  What I would like to see, is if I am getting better results, comparable results, to my pre-stress fracture races, pre-2009, this year.  Is my plan of bike more, swim about the same, and run about the same, a little less, at a little higher intensity, helping my performance.  Based on one race, yes.  One race doesn't make a season and it doesn't signify any kind of real improvement.
May will be two Tuesday Night Time Trials (This year TNT has a new and longer course) and the Gear West Duathlon.
As I write this, I have already done one TT and the Gear West Du.  I will save those results for future posts.
Below is my usual month-to-month comparison from each year, my totals and averages since 2007, and my YTD totals.  This April was my second lowest, but one of my higher run months.  I was a hair below 10 hours for the bike.  Again, I had about 5 days off of training for vacation, where I just ran.  Overall, again, happy with how things went in April.  Keeping on working through May and triathlons start in June.

Year - to - Year Comparison of April





Since 2007 Totals and Averages











Year -To - Date Totals and Since 2007
 

No comments: