Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2014 Gear West Bike and Triathlon Multisport Calendar (Surprise: I am in it)

As a pleasant surprise to me, I am in the Gear West Bike and Triathlon 2014 Calendar.
It is a picture of me from the 2014 Waconia Triathlon.  Picture taken by Nick Morales at Tri Juice, who has taken some nice pictures of me in the past.  Thanks to Nick.
I am the month of August. 

Not only am I in the calendar, but they wrote up a very nice blurb for me at the bottom. 
It reads: "Chris is a quiet guy who would rather fly under the radar if it weren't for his shiny bald head and sincere smile.  If you're one to check the race reports on Minnesota Tri News each Monday morning during the summer, you'll likely find Chris' name amongst one of the race results.  Our count has him participating in a dozen or more races the past several years.  It's quite apparent that Chris is dedicated and loyal to the sport.  We also know that he is loyal to his Alma Mater (Go Badgers!) and he's loyal to Gear West, of which we are forever appreciative."

I think the blurb is very nice.  There are other great athletes in the calendar each year, and this year, and I am humbled to be included with them.  I don't do triathlon, duathlon, biking, etc. for any recognition or kudos, but when it happens, it is nice.  This is nice.  I appreciate it.

I give Gear West my business, because it is a local business, because they support the sport, they have employees that are fun, and funny, and they are experts at what they do.  Also, because they do things like this, a personal touch.

It is great that Gear West puts out a calendar each year with pictures of the local athletes and with the races for each weekend listed.



 

No comments: