Saturday, July 6, 2013

June 2013 Racing and Training Summary

June is done.  There was supposed to be three triathlon, but here was a surprise duathlon.  That would be Manitou Sprint Triathlon converted to a duathlon due to weather.
I did two Tuesday night Time Trials, one was my fastest and the other my slowest of the year.  The slowest was on my slowest in a few years.  The weather was pretty bad, rain right before, some drizzle, windy, and I think the temperature was in the 50s.  Two weeks later, the weather was perfect and I had my fastest time so far this year.  You can see the difference in the number of people competing between the two weeks in the Open class.

6/4 - 11mi = 30:49 = 21.42MPH, 24/28 overall
6/18 - 11mi = 29:40 = 22.25MPH, 54/65 overall

The time spent working out this year is about average when compared to previous years.  Bike was down from previous years, run was up, and swim was about the same.  Nothing compares to the time I spent racing and training in June of 2008.  I think besides training, I raced every weekend in 2008 and that lead to the crazy amount of total time.
I would say things in June went pretty good.  After the first 6 months of the year, my swim distance and time are less than last year, but I would say my intensity has been higher than previous years.  My run time is up from last year at this time.  My bike is down a little from last year at this time.  The amount my bike time is down is close to the amount my run time is up.  A traded a little of one for the other.
Hopefully, I can get a little more time in training in July.  In the past, I have had 3-4 races in July.  This year I only have two races near the end, so I would like to get some training in before a very busy August.

Year-to-Year Comparison of June




Totals and Averages Since 2007









YTD Total and Totals since 2007

No comments: