Saturday, May 4, 2013

April 2013 Training and Racing Summary

The only event in April was the St. Anthony's Tri, which I posted a report for.  The most important thing to come out of that race was an above average run time for this early in the year, which was very cool. 
A local pro-triathlete, Devon Palmer, has been doing some spin/run bricks out of his house in the month of April and I have been taking advantage of those.  In fact, and unfortunately, I have been the only one to take advantage of the opportunity.  I say unfortunately, because it is a good, inexpensive workout that a lot of people could benefit from.  Anyway, the two I did in April were hour spins, tough, and then a fairly easy run, in the snow\sleet both times, around Lake Nokomis.  Those workouts have been helpful.
May is a big month, two open 5K road races, a Tuesday Night Time Trial, Gear West Du, and a 10 day vaca in Hawaii.  Of course, 10 day vaca in Hawaii is the most important part of the month.
My April swim time is about average.  I believe that my intensity is much higher than previous years. As I have mentioned in the past, I think that the coaching I am getting at I Swim is much more focused and intense than previous Masters.  It can be seen, that for the time I am putting in, my yardage is higher than previous years where I put in more time.  Run time, and I believe intensity, is up from the previous 3 years, which hopefully shows up in performance. I think my 8K in March and my off-the-bike 10K show good results so far. Bike is down a little, about average, but I think my intensity has been good.  All in all, aside from the weather, April has been a good month.  Again, May will be a very interesting month, hopefully I have set a good base for it.
I just remembered, I need to post my goals for 2013.  I think that will be my next post.

Year-To-Year April Comparison
 
Totals and Averages Since 2007







YTD Totals and Since 2007
 

No comments: