Thursday, December 20, 2012

Race Totals Since 2006 (154 Races) and More Statistics

Below is a table with my race totals since 2006.  All races, running, TTs, triathlons, duathlons, and a little cyclecross.








Since 2006, I have raced a combined total of 154 times pretty decent amount considering my injury in 2009.
26 Duathlons
58 Triathlons (Since 2007)
38 Time Trials (32 of them Tuesday Night Time Trials)
28 Running Races (15 of them are 5K)
and 4 Cyclecross races
2008 was the most with 29 races total and 2012 was the least, non-injured, with 20.
 
I put together a table with hours and miles spent racing.  This combines all the race data I have, except cyclecross because I did not keep track of time or distance.








I also included my average pace, just divided the distance by the time.  Actually looks pretty good.
Just for fun, I used the average paces and applied them to an Ironman distance race to see what my time could be, it would be about 10.5 hours.  I have no desire to do an IM, and that calculation is not applicable, but I was just curious.
 
In my spreadsheet, I keep racing and training data together.  With the data above I can see the percentage of time spent racing compared total time, total training and racing.
Percent time Swimming = 3.7%, so I spend 96.4% of my time training to race the swim.
Percent time Biking = 18.4%, so I spend 81.6% of my time training to race the bike.
Percent time Running = 23.5%, so I spend 76.5% of my time to race the run.
Percent total time = 14.2%, so I spend 85.8% of my time training to race.
The running and biking is not entirely accurate since I did not keep track in 2006, but probably close enough.  I would like to increase my percentages for biking and running over the next few years, and decrease swimming.
 
Interesting to see how much total time spent swimming, compared to the amount of time is spent in a race swimming.  I have spent close to 575 hours swimming since 2007, but a total of 19.5 hours of race time swimming.  The bike and run make sense, compared to how much time is spend racing those two.
 
It is really interesting, and kind of fun, to break this data down and look at it.  There is a certain amount of satisfaction in looking at what has been accomplished and how it breaks down.  Data is fun.  Right?

 

No comments: