Friday, July 6, 2012

June 2012 Triathlon Training and Racing Summary

June 2012 consisted of four triathlons and one TT.  My weekends were busy.  I would say that I had two good/very good/great races, and two ok/not too bad races.  Lake Minnetonka Tri and MinneMan were the better ones and Manitou and Waconia were good races.  I really cannot complain.

I think I had a pretty good month of training, and racing.  I had to dial it back during the week, especially close to races, so that I had legs to race.  As always, I would like the run to be faster, but for the amount of time I have put in this year I cannot be too disappointed.

This is the halfway point of the year, it is also the halfway point of the season, in terms of the number of races.  I have completed 6 of 12 races, 5 triathlons and 1 duathlon.  At the bottom I will put my average pace/speed up to this point in the season.

July, August, and September each have two races, so I can focus a little more on training with some extra time between races.  I am going to try to focus more on the run so that I can get my 10K time down below 8min/mi for the last two triathlons of the year, which are Olympic distance.  Also, my very last race of the year is the Dousman Duathlon, which has two 2 mile runs, so I also want to work on my speed. 

I did one Tuesday Night Time Trial in June.  It was not my slowest of the three this year, it was also not my fastest.  It was right in between.  Hopefully, in June I can do two of the TTs.
June 5th TNT (11 miles) - 30:09 (21.9MPH)

June-to-June Comparison


Totals and Averages Since 2007






YTD and Totals Since 2007







Here are the averages paces, and average distances, for the 5 triathlons I have done so far this year.  In parenthesis is the average from 2011 for all 10 races.
Swim - Average Distance = 1204.8 yards - Average Pace = 1:38/100 yards (1:39/100 yards)
T1 - 2:28 (2:21)
Bike - Average Distance = 21.4 miles - Average Speed = 21.08MPH (21.37MPH)
T2 - 1:28 (1:12)
Run - Average Distance = 4.81 miles - Average Speed = 8:12/mile (8:01/mile)
Average Pace - 4:40/mile (4:29/mile)



No comments: