Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feb 2011 Triathlon Training Workout Summary Update

Below are my workout summaries for the month of February since 2007.  YTD since 2007 and averages.
I had trouble all month getting into swimming.  I just felt tired and it was hard to get going.
All my biking was done at OptumHealth Performance during the Monday Ride the Course Night, Wednesday Roadie Night, Saturday Spin Group, and the occasional Tues or Thurs spin class.  I am working at those times, but I can usually get an hour or so in while I am at work.
I am doing my running according to how I feel.  If I feel like running incline, which I am trying to do more of this year, I do that.  If I want to run easy, I run easy.  If I want to run fast, I run fast.  I plan on doing that for the season.  I need to do more incline work and build my running strength.  I had trouble with running hills last year.
Coach Jonny J gave me some good running advice.  Dan noticed I am dropping my left should when I run and Jonny recommended that I turn my hands up when I run and keep my elbows back, kind of pointed towards my back and this will stop my should from dropping.  It has worked so far.  The other recommendation is keeping to a cadence of 180.  He recommened using a metronome.  I have only done it once and it was really weird.
I am not going to hire a coach this year, so it will be interesting to see how things go this year.  Money is the sole reason for "self coaching" this year.  I am a little nervous, since I have been coach for the last 3 years and I worry that I will not be able to stick with it like I need to.

In addition to what I have below, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 1.2 hours of strength training.

February Comparisons



Since 2007 and Averages Since 2007









Year-to-Date 2010 and Since 2007

No comments: