Friday, October 8, 2010

2010 Duathlon Summary and Duathlon History

Below is my summary for the 2010 duathlon season.  It started off slow, due to recovery from my injury, and ended up pretty fast.  I am pleased with my duathlon results for this year.  2008 was my fastest season overall, my fastest bike splits were this year.  Duathlon is where is started in 2006.  In 2006 I did them on a Lemond Sarthe road bike with bolt on aerobars.  As you can see from my times in 2006 I was really slow.
Duathlon is tricky for me, as I think it is for a lot of people.  I think that everyone wants to go out and run that first run hard, but doing that can kill you for the bike and second run.  I went to a duathlon clinic held at Gear West earlier this year, where cutting back on the first run was recommended and discussed, and it makes sense, but it is hard to do.  I think it takes a lot of discipline to temper that first run.  I don't have that yet.
In 2011 I plan on doing the same four duathlons I did this year.
Click on images below to expand

2010 Duathlon Results Summary  (Average of 4 Duathlons)
Average Run Pace - 8:02 min/mi (Average Distance - 2.55mi)
T1 Average - 1:10
Average Bike Pace - 21.3MPH (Average Distance - 18.1mi)
T2 Average - 1:20
Average Run Pace - 8:38 min/mi (Average Distance - 2.65mi)
Average Overall Pace (Total Time/Total Mileage) - 4:12 min/mi (Average Total Distance - 23.3mi)
Average Overall Finish - 108/386
Average AG Finish - 19/43




2009 Duathlon Season Results (Injured Season)
2008 Duathlon Season Results
2007 Duathlon Season Results (First season coached, first season also doing triathlon)
2006 Duathlon Season Results (First season doing multi-sport, did all race on road bike)

No comments: