Friday, May 8, 2009

Just another Friday

Today I am 35.
I have probably done more things wrong than right up to this point. Not a bad person, just have made some poor choices. I am trying to correct for them. Hopefully the next 35 years, or whatever I have left, is filled with better choices.
I have a aircast because of stress fracture. Kind of gets me down at times. Especially when I see people running or get back to my apartment and see my bike. It will heal in 4 weeks. I will be fast(er) soon.
It is Friday, but that doesn't stop it from being a stressful, busy day at work. Better than no job on my birthday?
Tonight my new girlfriend (for 2+ months) is taking me to a very nice restaurant, and treating me very well.
I don't have a lot of friends, but I have enough, and they are good friends.
I have to remind myself some times that life is not all that bad, good sometimes, great sometimes.

2 comments:

lu said...

Happy Birthday, and take the moments.

I'm sorry to hear about the stress fracture. Did you over train?

Christopher Hawes said...

Thank you. I don't think it was overtraining. I actually have put in less running over the last 6 months then I did last year, more biking and swimming. Bad biomechanics? Freak accident on a bad surface? When it heals I am going to have a gait analysis and see if some thing needs to be fixed